Our website aims to provide improved ease of access to the surgery. This includes:
- booking and cancelling appointments
- ordering prescriptions
- joining our Patient Reference Group
- submitting forms for various requirements such as travel vaccinations and requests for information
As well as providing easy access to the above services, you will also find a vast range of valuable information and resources to manage your health needs.
Improving your access to Greyfriars Surgery
In response to patient feedback from our local and national surveys, we are
making changes to the way you access the surgery and improve the waiting times to get through on the surgery telephone line.
From 4th January 2016...
1. We will have a new prescription line for you to order your medication
If you wish to order a prescription from the 4th January 2016, please call Monday to Friday between 10.00am-4.00pm on:
2. Our main telephone line will open at 8.15am for booking appointments
We politely request that if you are calling us for something other than to book an appointment, that you call us after 9.30am if possible to enable patients wanting to book an appointment that day to get through quickly.
3. Improving our online services
The way you book appointments online is changing. At midnight everyday, appointments are available to book on this website with Doctors and First Contact Practitioners for that same day. Before you can start booking appointments on here, you must firstly sign up. If you wish to start booking appointments and ordering prescriptions online, then come into surgery and speak to a member of the reception team for more information.
JOB OPPORTUNITY AT GREYFRIARS SURGERY
Job description: Health Care Support Worker. 20 hours per week. Agenda for Change Band 2 - Salary dependent on experience.
Are you Caring? Responsive? Effective? and want to work in a safe, well-led surgery?
We are looking to recruit a Health Care Support Worker who will assist the Practice Nursing and Medical Team to:-
- provide high quality care to patients within a primary and Community Care setting in accordance with CQC regulation, Practice Protocols and Policies.
- maintain sufficient clinical stock, hygiene and adherence to control of infection standards.
- ensure effective and efficient re-call systems and reporting for the required clinical areas.
The successful candidate will be able to work both autonomously and as part of a wider multi-disciplinary primary care team. We welcome applicants with the relevant clinical skills and qualifications who feel that they can actively contribute to both high quality patient care and on-going development of the role and service.
The candidate must be able to commute within the Practice's geographical area and have access to the appropriate means of transport.
Candidates will need to be available for interview on Thursday 25th February 2016.
If you believe that you meet our criteria, please apply in writing with a CV to Karen Young, Practice Manager, Greyfriars Surgery, South Square, Boston, Lincs PE21 6JU, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 19th February 2016.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Copies of the Job Description and Person Specification are available on request.